When the R.O.C. Naval Academy first established in 1946, there was a Guard Team under the control of the General Affair Department and the Guard Team was responsible to maintain the security of the academy and carry out other general service duties. In 1947, the Guard Team was expanded as the Guard Company and was attached to the General Affair Department. In Oct 1st 1951, the Guard Company was restructured as the Engineering Team that was later restructured again to be the General Service Team on Mar. 1st 1950. The General Service Team was the secondary unit subordinated to the Administration Department. On Aug. 1st 1996, the General Service Team was expanded as the General Service Company, becoming the first-class unit directly subordinated to the Dean.